Samuel D. Estep (d. 2006). Professor Estep received his A.B. in 1940 from Kansas State Teachers College and his J.D. in 1946 at the University of Michigan Law School.
He joined the faculty as an assistant professor in 1948, was promoted to associate professor in 1951 and became a full professor in 1954. From 1950-1957 he served as the director of the law school's Legislative Research Center.
Professor Estap was a leading scholar in atomic energy law, co-authoring a number of books on the atomic energy and weapons law. In addition, Professor Estap taught in the areas of constitutional law, commericial law and science and the law until his retirement in 1989.
-- Jocelyn Kennedy, Faculty Services Librarian, University of Michigan Law Library.