Law School's Law Quadrangle Notes
John P. Dawson was a member of the Michigan Law faculty from 1927 to 1957, when he left to join the faculty of the Harvard Law School, from which he retired in 1973. He remained active as a teacher, for he continued to teach until 1981 at the Law School of Boston University and to publish important articles on contracts and restitution.
Through all these years he maintained close ties to Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan Law School. In addition to occasional service as a visiting professor, he gave the Cooley Lectures in 1959, out of which grew his book, The Oracles of the Law, published by the Law School nine years later.
He died in 1985.
-- From the University of Michigan Law School's Law Quadrangle Notes, V. 30, Iss. 01 (Fall 1985).