The Faculty History Project documents faculty members who have been associated with the University of Michigan since 1837. Key in this effort is to celebrate the intellectual life of the University. This Faculty History Website is intended as a component of the effort to document the extraordinary academic achievements of Michigan’s faculty in building and sustaining one of the world’s great universities. It provides access to a comprehensive database of information concerning the thousands of faculty members who have served the University of Michigan.
Find out more.
Professor Neumann received his LL.B. from the University of Wisconsin in 1937 and his LL.M from the University of Michigan in 1941. He was appointed as an Associate Professor of Law in 1946.
Professor Neumann taught in the areas of contracts and business law. He published a casebook on corporate law and reorganization in 1948. He left the faculty in 1952 to enter private practice in Kewaunee, Wisconsin.
Jocelyn Kennedy, Faculty Services Librarian, University of Michigan Law Library.